We are seeking an experienced UI designer to design, establish standards, prototype, and create elegant user experiences within multiple environments. This position requires previous knowledge and experience working on web and mobile applications, an acute understanding of current design trends, and a vision of an optimal user experience on both large and small displays. The ideal candidate is an individual with a strong desire to innovate and propensity for design elegance and simplicity who will have the initiative to guide their vision from conception through deployment. They perform productively in a fast-paced work environment, is well organized, works well independently as well as in groups, and has strong communication skills.
- Design for a wide-range of environments—websites, web apps, mobile apps, email, user flows, etc.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Build prototypes with wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to solicit customer and internal colleague feedbac, identify and define problems-to-be-solved
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters’ in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction with the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Being current and staying on top of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Solid experience with robust portfolio in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Affinity Designer, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools as well as rapid prototyping with Marvel, InVision, Principle or equivalents
- HTML/CSS (or LESS or SASS), responsive
- HTML email layout/implementation
- Native mobile design (iOS, Android)
Canfield Scientific, Inc. is the leading supplier of digital 2D and 3D photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging serving both physicians and the healthcare industry. We provide the highest quality products and services and have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.