Computer Science Internship
An internship in software development is available at Canfield Scientific (www.canfieldsci.com) located in Parsippany, NJ. This internship is open to motivated MS/PhD students who have research experience in the areas listed below. Come join us for a hands-on opportunity to work with leading-edge image processing algorithms, and optimizing their performance for commercial deployment!
The following are the proposed scope of work and the basic requirements for this position.
- Prototyping of algorithms in the areas of image classification, image segmentation, 3D reconstruction, and multi time-point feature tracking
- Commercialization of the prototype algorithms into optimized C/C++ libraries
- Documentation and software management of the developed code
- Quality assurance testing of research-developed image-processing algorithms
- Strong programming experience in C++ and OpenCV
- Strong working knowledge of Python and NumPy, or the Matlab image processing library
- Experience with Deep Learning Algorithms & Convolutional Neural Networks in Tensorflow
- Sufficient exposure to image processing/computer vision algorithms
- Ability to work independently under the guidance of a researcher
- Good communications skills (presentation and documentation of results)
Canfield is the leading supplier of 2D/3D digital photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging, serving physicians and the healthcare industry. We have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.