Software Engineer – 3D Systems
The ideal Software Engineer – 3D Systems candidate is fluent in C++ and has the ability to develop, test and modify 3D applications, has a good understanding of the software lifecycle, has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, and enjoys problem solving.
- Product development - with research as necessary in order to deliver the desired results (including some support to researchers using our 3D systems and technology)
- Test and analyze 3D applications/programs and 3D data-structures to identify defects relating to reliability, efficiency and user experience
- Modify existing multi-threaded C++ programs, to improve functionality, reliability, efficiency and user experience
- Automate repetitive procedures, including clinical study analyses, unit testing, regression and integration testing
- Provide support to 3D systems customers, researchers using our 3D systems and technology, clinical studies teams, the technical support group and the 2D research and development group
- Bachelor’s degree, computer science or related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in C/C++ programming
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, Multithreading and STL
- Strong communication skills
- Master’s degree (or better) in a Math/Science/Computing or Engineering subject
- 3D research and development experience
- Knowledge of image processing, machine vision, computational geometry, computer aided geometric modeling, physically based modeling, OpenGL, and Qt
- Proficiency in designing user interfaces and understanding customer needs
Canfield Scientific, Inc. is the leading supplier of 2D and 3D photographic equipment, software, and systems for advanced patient imaging serving both physicians and the healthcare industry. Our products are aimed at the following purposes: improve communication between patients and physicians, provide tools for surgical planning, and provide tools for measurement and analysis based on 2D & 3D data.