Senior Digital Electronics Engineer
The ideal candidate for our Senior Digital Electronics Engineer position is someone who has experience providing technical support to the manufacturing and production test departments, performs productively in a fast-paced environment, and works well in both an individual and team setting.
- To develop 2D and 3D image capture equipment utilizing CMOS/CCD cameras, high speed communications, photo-flashes and real time control
- Implementing embedded controllers using microcontrollers for various 3D image capture systems
- Development of firmware utilizing C programming (and Assembler)
- Self-starter that can drive projects from start thru completion
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics’ Engineering (or similar)
- 10 years digital electronic circuit design and development
- 5+ years’ experience in C Programming
- Experienced with schematic capture (DX designer) and PCB layout (PADs) tools
- Knowledgeable in high-speed communication and hardware implementations
- Proficient in implementing embedded controllers via microcontrollers (eg: ARM ) as well as FPGA (Xilinx) and high-end (32 bits) microcontrollers and IDE tools (CCS from Ti)
- Skilled in analog design including DC/DC converters, Photo flash chargers, LED drivers etc.
- Working knowledge of circuit and system design of image capture equipment utilizing CMOS/CCD camera and photo flash technologies
- Experienced with C++ programming
- Familiar with all aspects of product design (prototyping through full production release and ongoing current engineering)
Founded in 1987, Canfield Scientific, Inc. is a core imaging lab providing custom photographic systems, image monitoring, and centralized analysis services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries supporting global clinical trials providing primary endpoint data and supporting documentation. Canfield has supported over 2,000 clinical studies, worked worldwide with thousands of clinical study sites, and has been retained by many of the world's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Canfield's imaging equipment leads the industry providing high-quality, registered, reproducible clinical images. This, together with proactive clinical image monitoring and a world class quality assurance regimen, sets the gold standard in image quality for clinical studies.