Software Engineer: SQL Development
The ideal candidate for our Software Engineer: SQL Development position is a detail-oriented individual who has experience with the writing complex dynamic SQL for use by software, real-time data retrieval/reporting, and consumption by a data analysis team. The candidate should have strong organizational and project management skills as well as work well independently and collaboratively to create effective solutions.
- Creation of project specific custom SQL scripts that will be used to drive proprietary software within a regulated environment
- Leverage the database through development of custom T-SQL objects such as stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, and tables
- Generate, track, and respond to inquiries and coding inconsistencies to resolve all discrepancies
- Build a vast understanding of the database structure and content to not only return results but speak to their validity
- Interpreting and effectively communicating data sets, statistical concepts, and project statuses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Identify and enforce good practices and efficiency techniques for ensuring the integrity of client data
- Act as the representative for database team on development projects
- Identifies opportunities to improve or streamline process data practices or processes and see them through to implementation
- Works closely with the Information Systems department and web developers to constantly improve the structure, scaling, and usability of several databases
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Five (5) or more years of experience in MS SQL Server, T-SQL development
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- Demonstrated knowledge of database normalization
- Ability to efficiently task swap between deliverables if priorities shift, mine datasets, and identify inconsistencies or suspect information
- Experience with Power BI, SSIS, and SSRS a plus.
Canfield Scientific, Inc. is the leading supplier of digital 2D and emerging 3D photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging serving both physicians and the healthcare industry. We provide the highest quality products and services and have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.