Assembly/Production: Material Planner
The ideal candidate for our Material Planner position will oversee the inventory, acquisition, and retention while working alongside both internal departments and external vendors. This individual will perform productively in a fast-paced environment, has strong communication skills - both verbal and written, and can adjust to changing priorities meeting deadlines.
- Manage raw materials for the manufacturing department including identifying product shortages and proactively forecasting anticipated inventory needs
- Ensure materials meet specifications and are cost efficient, propose advancements, and drive quality improvements
- Determine material requirements, generate purchase orders, and coordinate with other departments for final product timelines
- Create a pathway for material movement from receipt to use as well as assist with material movements through departments
- Identify new suppliers for products to increase static inventory capacity
- Create performance reports, track product volume against customer demand, and industry trends
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years demonstrated inventory management and purchasing capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office and material management systems
- Experience with transition of products from development to manufacturing environments
- Ability to create, implement, and document organized manufacturing work processes
- Proficient with providing technical support to manufacturing departments in the medical device field
- Photography knowledge is advantageous
Canfield Scientific, Inc. is the leading supplier of digital 2D and emerging 3D photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging serving both physicians and the healthcare industry. We provide the highest quality products and services and have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.