Firmware/Software Engineering Internship
An internship on our digital electronics engineering team is available at Canfield Scientific (www.canfieldsci.com) located in Parsippany, NJ. Canfield is the leading supplier of 2D/3D digital photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging, serving physicians and the healthcare industry. We have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.
Below is the proposed scope of work and the basic requirements for this position.
- Prototyping of image acquisition system and testing them (firmware and application software)
- Documentation of the prototype system (firmware and application software)
- Documentation and general housekeeping of the engineering lab
- Proficiency with C, C++ programing language
- Programming experience in microcontroller and IDE like CCS/Eclipse and in a Linux environment, Linux drivers etc.
- Familiarity with scientific methods and comfortable in working in a team
- Ability to work independently under the guidance/supervision of a senior team member
- Good communications skills (presentation and documentation of results)
- Digital Electronics circuit design experience ability use of testing tools like Oscilloscope.
- Hand-on experience electronics, schematic and PCB board testing.
- Programing experience in FPGA ( Verilog/VHDL)
Come join us for a hands-on opportunity to work on leading-edge imaging systems, testing the systems, and documentation of the systems!