Digital Electronics Engineering Internship
An internship in our digital electronics engineering team is available at Canfield located in our office in Parsippany, NJ. Canfield is the leading supplier of 2D/3D digital photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging, serving physicians and the healthcare industry. We have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.
The following are the proposed scope of work and the basic requirements for this position:
- Prototyping of image acquisition system and testing them (hardware and software)
- Documentation of the prototype system (hardware and software)
- Updating PCB board design and developing and updating 3D model of the electronics components
- Documentation and general housekeeping of the engineering lab
- Hand-on experience electronics, schematic and PCB layout
- Familiarity with scientific methods and comfortable in working in a team
- Ability to work independently under the guidance/supervision
- Good communications skills (presentation and documentation of results)
- Proficiency with C, C++ programing language
- Proficiency CAD tools eg: Solidwork
- Proficiency in schematic and PCB layout tools eg: Mentor graphics, PADs/Dx Designer
This internship is open to motivated students who have research experience in the areas listed above. Come join us for a hands-on opportunity to work on leading-edge imaging systems, testing the systems, and documentation of the systems!