Logistics and Shipping Specialist
The ideal candidate for our Logistics and Shipping Specialist position has documented experienced with global shipping and receiving practices and procedures, ability to resolve complex international and domestic shipping concerns, communicates well, works well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment, and has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage all out bound international shipments, working with the designated carrier and preparing the appropriate shipping documentation (including commercial invoices, packing lists, letter of instructions, etc.)
- Work with international carrier for pre-approval on shipments or with customs agency
- Coordinate logistics and shipping activities for each international office
- Organize all out bound domestic shipments, working with carriers to comply with all state, federal, and local regulations
- Determine shipping weighs and materials, while developing and preparing custom packaging for shipments, specifically delicate instruments and large bulky items (including medical devices)
- Inspect and receive shipments incoming, both domestic and internationally, including those sent back for repair
- Complete inventory counts and maintain inventory levels
- Perform general building maintenance and drive the corporate vehicles throughout the tristate areas as necessary
- 5+ years’ experience preparing international shipments and associated documentation for all international carriers
- 5 years’ experience preparing domestic shipments with various carriers such as FedEx, UPS, etc.
- 5 years’ demonstrated experience leading and supporting a Shipping/Receiving Team
- Knowledgeable of international shipping requirements and U.S. Customs regulations
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage different modes of transportation
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and experienced using hand tools
- Valid New Jersey State Driver’s License and capable to drive corporate vehicles
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using electric and manual forklift
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or operations management a plus
- Medical Device knowledge a plus
- Multi-lingual preferred (Spanish, German, Dutch, etc.)
Founded in 1987, Canfield Scientific, Inc. is a core imaging lab providing custom photographic systems, image monitoring, and centralized analysis services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries supporting global clinical trials providing primary endpoint data and supporting documentation. Canfield has supported over 2,000 clinical studies, worked worldwide with thousands of clinical study sites, and has been retained by many of the world's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Canfield's imaging equipment leads the industry providing high-quality, registered, reproducible clinical images. This, together with proactive clinical image monitoring and a world class quality assurance regimen, sets the gold standard in image quality for clinical studies.