Computer Science Internship
An internship in software development is available at Canfield Scientific (www.canfieldsci.com) located in Parsippany, NJ. Canfield is the leading supplier of 2D/3D digital photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging, serving physicians and the healthcare industry. We have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.
This internship is open to motivated MS/PhD students who have research experience in the areas listed below. Come join us for a hands-on opportunity to work with leading-edge image processing algorithms, and optimizing their performance for commercial deployment.
The following are the proposed scope of work and the basic requirements for this position.
- Prototyping of algorithms in the areas of skin/hair detection, texture analysis, and multi time-point feature tracking.
- Commercialization of the prototype algorithms into optimized C/C++ libraries.
- Documentation and software management of the developed code.
- Quality assurance testing of research-developed image-processing algorithms.
- Strong programming experience in C/C++ and OpenCV.
- Strong working knowledge of the Matlab image processing library.
- Sufficient exposure to image processing/computer vision algorithms.
- Ability to work independently under the guidance of a researcher.
- Good communications skills (presentation and documentation of results)
If interested, please send in your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference: Computer Science Internship.