The ideal candidate for our SQL Developer position is a detail oriented individual who performs productively in a fast-paced work environment, has experience with the analysis, interpretation and presentation of quantitative data, works well independently as well as in groups, can ensure regulatory compliance throughout all processes and statistical reporting, and is competent in identifying and solving problems utilizing both logical and analytical thinking.
- Must be proficient in creating complex SQL queries to deliver study data for internal and external clients
- Consult with clinical staff, project management and client’s staff to develop specifications for study data being delivered to the client, ensure data is transferred according to the specifications
- Develop specifications for edit checks, creation of test data, and ensure edit checks are executed and verified in a timely fashion
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, SQL management study, and Reporting Services to verify data results, reconcile data with the proprietary database, and trouble shoot issues
- Generate, track, and respond to data inquiries to resolve all data discrepancies
- Interact with the clinical team and sponsor’s staff to provide status reports and data listings, as needed
- Develop custom reporting using SQL and SSIS based on specifications developed with internal and external clients
- Multitask, as priorities often change daily, be able to switch between deliverables quickly and efficiently
- Work independently, as well as with the Data Management, programming and study teams
- Manage several deliverables at once in a fast paced and demanding environment according to the specifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in SQL 2008 query programming
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills to interpret and clearly communicate data results and statistical concepts to clients
- Strong project management and people skills
Founded in 1987, Canfield Scientific, Inc. is a core imaging lab providing custom photographic systems, image monitoring, and centralized analysis services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries supporting global clinical trials providing primary endpoint data and supporting documentation. Canfield has supported over 2,000 clinical studies, worked worldwide with thousands of clinical study sites, and has been retained by many of the world's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Canfield's imaging equipment leads the industry providing high-quality, registered, reproducible clinical images. This, together with proactive clinical image monitoring and a world class quality assurance regimen, sets the gold standard in image quality for clinical studies.
Canfield is a privately held company, located in northern New Jersey, with tremendous energy and a bright outlook and offering a rewarding career opportunity.