R&D Software Engineer
The ideal candidate for our R&D Software Engineer is a C/C++ programmer who will optimize MatLab image processing algorithms, document and maintain existing code base, is able to work independently under the guidance of a researcher, and enjoys challenges.
- C/C++ code development and optimization of MatLab image processing algorithms for use in commercial software
- Documentation, version control, and maintenance of developed codes
- Testing of research-developed image processing algorithms
- Packaging feature analysis algorithms and analysis tools for use in clinical studies as well as in commercial software
- Development of Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for use by image analysis technicians in clinical studies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering with 5+ years of C++ development experience using Microsoft Visual C++ or a Master’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science/Engineering with 3+ years of C++ development experience using Microsoft Visual C++ or equivalent
- Strong algorithm development skills in the field of image analysis
- Experience in optimizing image processing algorithms using C/C++
- Working knowledge of MatLab with experience in image processing and signal processing
- Demonstrated software design experience, preferably with commercial imaging applications
- Knowledge of additional imaging packages (ImagePro Plus, Photoshop, etc.), and strong project management skills would be advantageous
- Imaging research and development experience
Canfield Scientific, Inc. is the leading supplier of 2D and 3D photographic equipment, software, and systems for advanced patient imaging serving both physicians and the healthcare industry. Our 3D products are aimed at the following purposes: improve communication between patients and physicians, provide tools for surgical planning, and provide tools for measurement and analysis based on 3D surface data.