Mobile Application Summer Internship
A summer internship in mobile application development is available at Canfield Scientific (www.canfieldsci.com) located in Parsippany, NJ. Canfield is the leading supplier of 2D/3D digital photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging, serving physicians and the healthcare industry. We have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.
The following are the proposed scope of work and the basic requirements for this position.
Proposed Summer Projects:
- Incorporate image capture functionality in app prototypes
- Implement image-processing algorithms both on natively on device and via web server based interfaces
- Analyze and exploit system vulnerabilities using reverse engineering and hacking tools, and providing detailed documentation on findings
- Research and document best practices to secure apps on mobile devices to address vulnerabilities
- Significant programming experience in C/C++, Swift or Objective-C
- Proficiency with the Xcode development environment and command line tools
- Solid demonstrated experience working in UNIX/Linux environments
- Strong understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Familiarity with network diagnostic and security tools
- Ability to work independently under the guidance of senior developers
- Good communications skills (presentation and documentation of research)
This internship is open to motivated students who have experience in the areas listed below. Come join us for a hands-on opportunity to work on the development of leading edge mobile imaging techniques and understanding how image processing algorithms are implemented on the iOS platform.