Image Analysis Scientist
The ideal candidate for our Image Analysis Scientist position is an individual that is experienced working in the field of image analysis using MATLAB and C/C++, enjoys a challenge, performs productively in a fast-paced work environment, works well both within a focused team environment as well as independently, and communicates well.
- Collaborate with Canfield’s image analysis research team in developing and optimizing algorithms for commercialization in the detection, analysis, and grading of skin features using multi-spectral imaging technologies
- Conduct initial proof-of-concept experiments and/or rapid prototyping for concept feasibility assessment
- Interface with both internal and external clients to evaluate images and propose solutions to iage analysis problems
- Contribute to the company’s efforts in pioneering new medical image analysis algorithms in the areas of biomedical imaging, biometrics, microscopy, spectroscopy, etc.
- Graduate degree (preferably Ph.D.) in science/engineering in a field related to signal/image processing, pattern recognition, and/or computer vision
- 3+ years of algorithm development and commercial product experience (at least 2 years in a corporate environment) in at least three of the following fields: multi-spectral imaging, color analysis, image segmentation feature detection, statistical texture analysis, pattern classification, or 3D image analysis
- 3+ years experience with MatLab, preferably working with image processing, signal processing, statistics and data/image acquisition toolboxes, and interfacing with C++ code
- Demonstrates a methodical approach and ability to thrive in an environment of innovation in advanced image analysis processing techniques/applications and statistical analyses
- Demonstrated hands-on “can do” creative and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to appreciate the theoretical and practical implications of image processing and analysis
- Working knowledge of all aspects of algorithm development from prototyping to commercial deployment
- Knowledge of C/C++ is highly desirable
- Basic understanding of optics, lighting, and digital image acquisition is a plus
- Knowledge of other imaging packages (ImagePro Plus, PhotoShop, etc.)
- Some experience in designing/implementing Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) is desirable
Canfield Imaging Systems, a division of Canfield Scientific, Inc., is the leading supplier of digital photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging serving physicians and the healthcare industry. We provide the highest quality products, clinical research support services, and total body photography services and have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence. Canfield, founded in 1987, is a dynamic and growing company located in northern New Jersey with tremendous energy and a bright outlook.