An ideal candidate for our open Firmware/Software Engineer is an individual who is experienced in C/C++ programming, works well independently and as part of a team, has strong communication skills, and is a self-starter that drives projects from start thru completion.
- Develop 2D and 3D image capture equipment utilizing CMOS/CCD cameras, high speed communications, photo-flashes and real time control
- Implement embedded controllers using microcontrollers/DSP/SOM for various image capture systems
- Create firmware utilizing C/C++ programming
- Design system modules for image capture systems (Linux based)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related or a minimum of 3 years embedded system programing experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in utilizing C/C++ programming
- Skilled in implementing software and debugging embedded controllers/microcontrollers (eg: TI TM4C129, MSP430, ARM Cortex)
- Proficient Ti Code Composer (CCS) and debugging high-end microcontrollers (like MSP430/TM4C129 etc.) and IDE tools (CCS from Ti)
- Proven expertise in developing software tools/drivers for testing and debugging electronics hardware
- Demonstrated experience in embedded Linux and design and developing driver for embedded systems
- Hardware design experience
- Experience with other programming languages
- Familiar with all aspects of product design (prototyping through full production release and ongoing current engineering)
Founded in 1987, Canfield Scientific, Inc. is a core imaging lab providing custom photographic systems, image monitoring, and centralized analysis services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries supporting global clinical trials providing primary endpoint data and supporting documentation. Canfield has supported over 2,000 clinical studies, worked worldwide with thousands of clinical study sites, and has been retained by many of the world's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Canfield's imaging equipment leads the industry providing high-quality, registered, reproducible clinical images. This, together with proactive clinical image monitoring and a world class quality assurance regimen, sets the gold standard in image quality for clinical studies.
Canfield is a privately held company, located in northern New Jersey, with tremendous energy and a bright outlook and offering a rewarding career opportunity.