Clinical Systems Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Clinical Systems Technical Support Engineer for custom medical photography computer systems used in clinical studies. The ideal candidate is one who works efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously, has strong communication skills, and can follow a project through from start to completion.
- Work with the Canfield clinical project teams providing Tier-1 technical support for medical photography systems, both 2D and 3D
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues as well as disaster recovery for field-deployed systems
- Complete updates and upgrades remotely for field-deployed systems
- Provide technical support for in-house software systems used to create and monitor clinical studies
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for medical photography systems to ensure correct study-specific configuration/performance prior to deployment
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in a technical field
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting MS Windows applications and hardware peripherals
- Experience in working with internal and external clients, analyzing needs, identifying potential issues, and following through with solutions
- Capacity to observe workflows and diagnose problems, as well as propose improvements
- Demonstrated experience in basic TCP/IP Networking and remote assistance
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and think “outside-the-box”
- IT or technical consulting experience is a plus
- Photography knowledge/background is advantageous
Founded in 1987, Canfield Scientific, Inc. is a core imaging lab providing custom photographic systems, image monitoring, and centralized analysis services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries supporting global clinical trials providing primary endpoint data and supporting documentation. Canfield has supported over 2,000 clinical studies, worked worldwide with thousands of clinical study sites, and has been retained by many of the world's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Canfield's imaging equipment leads the industry providing high-quality, registered, reproducible clinical images. This, together with proactive clinical image monitoring and a world class quality assurance regimen, sets the gold standard in image quality for clinical studies. Canfield is a privately held company, located in northern New Jersey, with tremendous energy and a bright outlook and offering a rewarding career opportunity.